Learn to build modular single-page web applications with Qworum.js.
Ruby on Rails tutorial
Learn to provide and consume Qworum services with Rails 3.2 and Ruby 1.9.
Learn to provide and consume Qworum services with Java servlets 2.5 and JavaServer Pages (JSP) 2.1.
Learn to provide and consume Qworum services with ASP.NET MVC3 (C#).
At the end of this short tutorial, you will have learned enough to start providing and consuming Qworum services. Not specific to any particular web framework.
A single-page web application calls an interactive service on the same page, and displays the call result.
Website calls interactive service, and displays the call result.
Staff choosing service
In this Business Integration demonstration, a project management web application uses a human resources service.
Core specification: Version 1.0
JSON data types for Qworum: Version 1.0
XML-RPC data types for Qworum: Version 1.0
Enterprise specification: Version 1.0
Digital Rights Management specification: Version 1.0
Frequently asked questions
Could you tell me which use cases of the Qworum platform are free, and which do require payment?
Here is a graphical answer:
In this figure, arrows indicate calls (or redirections) to Qworum services. The use cases are two-fold:
- On-premise Qworum services: If the caller is not an RPC client, then an Enterprise license is required for calling such services.
- Internet Qworum services: If the caller is not hosted on the same domain as the service, then the service provider must purchase a Service Provider subscription from their hosting provider,
Green arrows indicate calls that are free. Perhaps just as importantly, such calls will always remain free. So you can use Qworum for modularizing internet websites and for performing on-premise point-to-point integration, as you feel the need.
Qworum development is also free, although this is not readily apparent in the above diagram. Just set up a development server on the same computer as your Qworum browser.
Do I have to use a particular server-side framework or library for Qworum?
No. You can keep on using your favorite web framework for providing and consuming Qworum services.
How is Qworum different from other integration products?
Again, here is a visual answer:
The vast majority of integration vendors provide data integration, which is rapidly becoming a commoditized software category. In contrast, Qworum enables the integration of higher-level, user-facing processes.
Can I provide free internet Qworum services?
Yes. You only need a Service Provider subscription, which you can purchase from your hosting provider.
Can my service in turn call another service?
Yes. Your service may even make recursive calls to itself.
How do you enforce service provider licenses?
The basic idea is that calls services from other internet websites will yield a fault if the service is hosted on a domain that does not have a valid service provider license.
User agents implement license checks in a way that:
- minimizes latency (the end-user does not notice an increased delay compared to a conventional HTTP redirection),
- maximizes the availability of the user-agent.qworum.com website which provides access to the master subscription database (the website will not be overwhelmed by subscription checks coming from user agents),
- maximizes the reliability of the Qworum platform as a whole; in particular, the unavailability of the user-agent.qworum.com website will not prevent legitimate service calls.
In order to address these requirements, user agents make use of an internal cache of subscription information.